Tuesday 12 April 2011

Movie for the Holiday

Well hello,
I hope your start to the holiday has been good! Mine certainly has, with a lovely BBQ to end the term and then Jaisea's 16th house party the following day.
But since it is the holiday and it can get a little boring at times or you just need a break, here's a few movies you could watch to pass the time, some of my favourites.

10.
The Social Network
Tag line: You don't get to 500 million friends without making a few enemies.
Budget: $40,000,000
Everyone seems to like this film, so I decided to put it up here so you can watch it and decide for yourselvespersonally I'm not a big fan, its basically how Facebook was invented, & its one of those films that you have to actually concentrate on the stuff they're saying to get it. 
Also major disappointment at Justin Timberlake here, he's not hot any more
With the likes of Jesse Eisenberd, Rooney Mara and Bryan Barter.

9.
Inception
Tag Line: Your mind is the scene of crime
Budget: $160,000,000
I actually liked this, its basically based on the idea of dreams, and how somebody can enter them and alter their mind, and all this is due to business deals in this film. Its a busy film, so you'll need to concentrate to make sure you get all the bits, worth a watch, but not exactly a chill-ax film. 
With the likes of Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Ellen Page.


8.
Peter Pan
Budget: $100,000,000
I had to, ok. I love this film, and I can easily say its my favourite, but I know its not to everyone's taste, and its also out for a younger audience, still I love it and I think you should watch it if you haven't already. The story line is great, about a boy who would never grow up.
Quote:
Wendy: Peter... I should like to give you a kiss. 
[Peter holds his hand out] 
Wendy: Don't you know what a kiss is? 
Peter: I shall know when you give me one


Cheeeeeky!
With the likes of Jason Isaacs, Jeremy Sumpter and Rachel Hurd-Wood




7.
The Kings Speech
Budget: $15,000,000
This is a great way to learn a bit of history along with enjoying the film, very inspirational as its based on the story of an amazing Dr and his unconventional way to get King George the VI to overcome his stammer.
With the likes of Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush and Helena Bonham Carter




6.
Mama Mia
Budget: $52,000,000
Love love love, about a girl who's mother got a bit cheeky with 3 men, around the same time, so now she's a little lost to whom exactly - out of the three - her father is, I don't blame her, but all this is told to great ABBA songs. This is a brilliant film, the kind that's great to watch with your family I say. 
Also I would recommend seeing the musical of this! its actually amazing, I mean it, treat yourself or your mum, - a great birthday present, you wont regret it, trust me. 
Film with the likes of Amanda Seyfried, Stellen Skarsgard, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth and

5. 
Never let me go 
Budget: $15,000,000
Sad, I'd say, yet brilliant. I think its more the plot for me in this film, its about children who are sent to a boarding school, yet they are only destined to become donors. This watches 3 in particular, but you know what they say 2's a company, but 3's a crowd.
With the likes of Carey Mulligan, Andrew Garfield and Keira Knightley.


4.
The Tourist
Tag Line: It all started when he met a woman.
Budget: $100,000,000
Angelina Jolie and Johny Depp together here, I don't think I need to say much more, except that this is a very clever film, if you watch it until the end, you'll understand what I mean by that.

2.5. *I couldn't decide OK
A single man
Budget: $7,000,000
The love I have for this film, its brilliant. Usually I'm not the one to assume that the film is great just because great actors are there, but this one obeys the rule. Its directed by Tom Ford - what a beauty, and has - yet again - Colin Firth, Julianne Moore and Nicholas Hoult. Set in the 60's in LA, dealing with loss and love. A must to watch.


2.5. *the other half of to wish I couldn't decide - just saying. 
Easy A
Budget: $8,000,000
In great comparison with me A single man, this is an easy going film, which makes it a perfect chick flick. The way its written and directed somehow reminds me of Mean Girls, even though the plot is nothing alike.
With the likes of Emma Stone, Penn Badgley and Amanda Bynes


1. 
An Education 
Budget: $4,500,000
Brilliant. This has great plot, actors and style, what more could you want? Set in London in the 60's about a teenage girl who's life foundations are rocked by a man twice her age. A lot of controversy round this film, have a look and decide for yourself.
With the likes of Peter Sarsgaard, Carey Mulligan, Olivia Williams and Dominic Cooper.


That's all xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment